I have a confession to make....I like Terrell Owens. Yep, T.O.. Not like celebrity crush, I just think he would be fun to hang out with and I don't think he's a bad guy. It started last summer when I started watching "Hardknocks" on HBO. Its a show (that I believe is about to start up again) about the Dallas Cowboys training camp. I did watch this with a guy friend, but if I had HBO at the time, (thanks goodness I do now, I love so many of their shows) I would have watched it on my own. I do not like much NFL, I only follow a few teams who have former Longhorns playing for them. I get this from my mother, she's obsessed with UT sports. However, I do like the Dallas Cowboys. This also stems from a deep rooted family tradition. My Great Grandmother, who was a proper Highland Park Lady (she was even the social director for the Highland Park Methodist Church-which means a lot to people in Dallas). She LOVED the Dallas Cowboys. She watched them every season until she died at age 100. (Rest in peace Grape-Mother) So naturally, our whole family is supposed to love the Cowboys. This was very easy back in the day, when I was 10 and they were winning Superbowls. Lately, not so easy.
Anyways, last year (and the year before right?) was supposed to be our season. To ensure that, we had T.O., which didn't excite me at first. Frankly, I was upset that Dallas had picked up another NFL problem child. Was this really going to help them win? But then I started watching Hardknocks. It reminded me of a show from way back called "Inside the Helmet" I think, where all the helmets were miked and you could hear what they were saying during practice and the games. That was pre-reality TV though, so Hardknocks was even more sophisticated. We sat down to watch the first episode and I was ready to diss T.O. and watch him be an a$$hole. To my surprise, he was funny! Don't get me wrong, he had a HUGE ego, but he played around with JJ's grandkids and joked with the coaches and players. Every week I liked him a little more.
Which brings us to his new show, "The T.O. Show" on VH1. It begins on the day that he was released from the Dallas Cowboys. He talks about how JJ did it, and his friends remark that Terrell looks as if he has been crying for an entire day. The show follows his personal and professional life during the off season. I enjoyed every minute of it. He has two really good girlfriends, who are also his publicists, and they make a great point: there is a Terrell and a T.O., and they are two separate men. This is so evident in the show. I also think that the Dallas Cowboy's releasing him must have been extremely humbling for T.O. He thought he was going to retire in Dallas. He pictured himself playing his last football game in that navy and white uniform, and then they basically shoved him out the door. After Jerry Jones all but signed in blood that T.O. was there for good. The fans loved him, JJ loved him, what happened? I'm a little upset now and would find it hard to choose my favorite out of Dallas and Buffalo should they be matched up against one another.
Point being, I am now a fan of Terrell Owens and think that everyone should try and catch the new show. Sorry for rambling on about this random topic, but I felt strongly about it last night and figured I'd share it here.
xoxo
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment