Monday, August 10, 2009

Keep Going

Well I apologize for not writing at all last week! After I posted that "Make is-ness your business" post, my 'is-ness' got pretty funky. I had such a bad week last week, one thing after another all the way to Saturday night. I just wasn't really in the blogging mode....not to mention my blackberry was stolen from work. I used to make fun of people who used the term "crackberry", but let me tell you, that thing is just like crack!! (from what I've heard anyways, can't say I've ever been a crack addict.) I feel lost without it, which I'm sure is pretty pathetic, but maybe after this hiatus I won't depend on it so much.

Anyways, I was having a bad week, but then I thought about how much worse it could actually be. I mean on the grand scale of life, it wasn't really that bad. I just thought everything was tragic in that moment. I have two close, lifelong friends who are really going through real tragedy. They have both gone through things that I'm not sure I could go through. One lost her mother, and the other her 2 month old son. I cannot even begin to imagine their pain or how they get through their days, but they do. It just makes me realize how small my problems actually are, and that I need to try harder to go with the flow and truly make myself a better person.

We all have bad days/weeks/months, that's just going to happen in life. But my challenge to myself is to try and put things in perspective more often, and to try and better myself so that little things don't affect me as much. I have an amazing family, great friends, and overall a good life. So I'm going to make it better!!

2 comments:

  1. Having prospective has definitely helped me get through numerous challenges (small and big) in my life.

    Also, I feel the same way about my iPhone. I try "lose" it a way for a few hours on the weekend.

    //A.J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said, dear.... you do have to put it all in perspective, one that you can deal with. Pain is relative... someone will always have it worse than you, just keep that in mind. LOVE YOU MOM

    ReplyDelete