I begin 2011 with high hopes, only better things to come....seriously, it can only get better. That is to say, my temporary position (that I held for a year and a month) has ended. The State ran out of funding for our positions in December, so I was out of a job two weeks before Christmas. I really look at the situation as a (beware: cliche quote ahead) blessing in disguise. While there were nice people in my office, (albeit some of them could often be seen wearing sweats to work) I absolutely HATED my job. A monkey could have performed the same duties. Also, I was definitely not accustomed to the inner workings of State offices. One of the other temps and I became pretty close, as in definite 'work friends', and we both happened to have college degrees. We out performed most of the people in the office on a consistent basis, were praised, and then were given less responsibility. Why? Because that's the way it works in State offices (most of the time, I hear). It's not about the work you do, it's about how long you've been doing the work. But alas, I will stop boring everyone with my no-longer-job.
On to my point. Again, I absolutely HATED my job, so I had been looking and applying for new jobs. Now I just have to put all of my energy into looking, and actually finding something I would really enjoy and do well in. Now that the Holidays are over and everyone else has returned to work, my full time job will be to find....a full time job!
Other than work, my 2011 started off wonderfully. I have the most amazing Mother in the entire world, and the best friends and family a gal could ask for. I also got off my crutches! (Which is another story for another post.) So to start the new Blog Year, here are a few photos from my Holidays:

No comments:
Post a Comment